DanSchwent

Dantastic Book Reviews

Part of the growing Dantastic Empire

Hunt Through the Cradle of Fear - Gabriel Hunt, Charles Ardai Gabriel Hunt goes on a scavenger hunt across Europe and Asia, with a dastardly billionaire on his tail, in search of treasure. What do a chamber below the Sphinx in Egypt, a temple to Homer on a Greek Island, and a cavern in a mountain in Sri Lanka have in common? And what is the mysterious treasure of the Cradle of Fear?

I have to admit that I had my doubts at the beginning of Hunt Through Cradle of Fear. The first Gabriel Hunt book was good but not great and Hunt Through the Cradle of Fear started off slow. Once the story picked up and the John Williams soundtrack started playing in my head, I was hooked.

Gabriel Hunt continues his Indiana Jones/Doc Savage/James Bond adventures in this tale. Lajos, the Hungarian billionaire, proved to be a good foil for Hunt in their race to the Cradle of Fear. While I knew Hunt wasn't going to die, he sure went through hell. The exotic locales were even better than the lost city from the first Gabriel Hunt story.

To sum it up, if you're looking for a good adventure story with plenty of suspense and action, look no further. Gabriel Hunt has your fix ready and at an affordable price.