DanSchwent

Dantastic Book Reviews

Part of the growing Dantastic Empire

Shatnerquest - Jeff Burk When another reality bleeds into our own at a comic book convention and armageddon is on the horizon, three geeks (and their cat Squishy) do the only sensible thing they can think of: Steal a dead man's DeLorean and go on a road trip to rescue William Shatner!

First off, I was initially dismayed that this has little to do with [b:Shatnerquake|6426609|Shatnerquake|Jeff Burk|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1349076114s/6426609.jpg|6615970]. However, I buckled up and stuck around for the ride, and what a Shatty ride it was.

Shatnerquest is a bizarre road trip, a story of the impending apocalypse, unrequited love, and a smorgasbord of homages to geekdom: Star Trek, Road Warrior, and many other staples of geekery are represented. Seriously, where else can you read about a biker gang led by a wannabe Klingon, a cannibal Captain Kirk cult, and a Dalek gas station attendant? Not to mention Shatzilla's bloody rampage...

The final battle delivered the goods and made me with Shatnerquest was a movie or TV show.

While I didn't like this one quite as much as [b:Shatnerquake|6426609|Shatnerquake|Jeff Burk|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1349076114s/6426609.jpg|6615970], Jeff Burk's writing has come a long way since his debut. It's a great way to spend an afternoon.