DanSchwent

Dantastic Book Reviews

Part of the growing Dantastic Empire

Shade, the Changing Man, Vol. 2: Edge of Vision - Bill Jaska, Mark Pennington, Peter Milligan, Chris Bachalo Shade and Kathy find themselves drawn to Madness outbreaks, first in San Francisco then in New York. Shade and Kathy are separated and Kathy meets Lenny, a young artist. Shade, on the other hand, meets someone he never thought he'd see again...

Yeah, this is one of those times where I'm not exactly sure what I just finished reading. Peter Milligan's writing was top notch and Christopher Bachalo's art was good though still in its formative stages. I'm just not sure what they were telling me.

I loved that Lenny was finally introduced. I read the series from issue #35 on in the order I found them so I was wondering when some of my old favorites like Shimmy, Pandora, and Lenny would be introduced. I also liked that Troy Grenzer was brought back and that the American Scream still lived.

Still, I loved the art and I loved the characters. It wasn't as good as the first volume but does a good job of setting the stage for the next one.

Also, I want a coat like Shade's.