DanSchwent

Dantastic Book Reviews

Part of the growing Dantastic Empire

Shatnerquake - Jeff Burk A miserable William Shatner is attending ShatnerCon when Campbellians attempt to set off a Reality Bomb to erase his work from existence for the glory of almighty Bruce. The bomb malfunctions and various characters portrayed by William Shatner come to life, bent on killing Shatner, letting nothing stand in their way. Can William Shatner survive?

ShatnerQuake is awesome, no two ways about it. From William Shatner looking down on his fans to Denny Crane, Priceline Shatner, Rescue 911 Shatner, and Captain Kirk running amuck amongst rabid Star Trek fans, it's gold from start to finish. Where else can you read a line like "Oh shit! Captain Kirk's got a lightsaber!"

The Campbellians, with their missing hands honoring their idol, made good villians and were excellent targets for a rampaging Captain Kirk. The Kirk-Shatner fight was excellent. Kirk coming on to a green Star Trek fan and having her not reciprocate was awesome. The ending was straight out of a Twilight Zone and very satisfying. I even loved the way Shatner's dialogue was rendered with the frequent pauses.

While it's not Shakespeare, it doesn't pretend to be. It's a must read for Shatner fans everywhere.

I leave you with a song, William Shatner by The Scofflaws.

Later:
1. Upon further reflection, I downgraded it to a 4.
2. I'm bumping this on William Shatner's birthday for maximum vote-whoreage.
3. Listen to the damn Scofflaws tune already!