DanSchwent

Dantastic Book Reviews

Part of the growing Dantastic Empire

The Million-Dollar Bloodhunt - Joe Millard There's a bounty on the head of bloodthirsty bandit Pachuco and the Man With No Name aims to collect. But how will he collect the bounty when Pachuco's in a territorial prison?

When I found out there were tie in books featuring the Man With No Name of the Leone trilogy, I had to track one down and give them a shot. How was it?

The story strayed between awesomely bad and cheezily awesome. When the hot air balloonist was introduced and became one of the main characters, I knew I wasn't going to get the book I was expecting. I decided to sit back and enjoy the ride.

The writing is nothing to write home about but it's pretty pulpy and enjoyable in that way. I would have enjoyed the book a lot more if the main character wasn't supposed to be the Clint Eastwood character from the beloved trilogy. He was too nice and talked more in this slim volume than he did in all three movies combined. The hot air balloon played such a central part that it almost felt like an early steampunk story.

Not bad but not great either. If you can find it for less than a buck and like pulpy prose, you might enjoy it.