DanSchwent

Dantastic Book Reviews

Part of the growing Dantastic Empire

Lorn tagged me!

1. What was the last book you marked as 'Read'?

Drift by M.K. Hutchins.  I was disappointed.

2. What are you 'Currently Reading'?

I've got Return of the Sorceror by Clark Ashton Smith going right now but I can't read a book of short stories without breaking it up a bit.

3. What was the last book you marked as 'To-Read'?

Irregular Verbs by Matthew Johnson.  Mudge told me I had to read it and it was up on Netgalley so...

4. What book do you plan to read next?

I'll probably start Whitefire Crossing over the weekend.  I'm in a funk lately so it had better be awesome or I might retire from reading.

5. Do you use the star rating system?

Yup.  I use GRs and I'm trying to grade harder than I used to.

6. Are you doing a 2014 reading challenge?

I think I have it set on 150 but I'll probably knock that out sometime in August.  I'm glad novellas and shorts count.

7. Do you have a wishlist?

I keep a wish list on Amazon so I don't forget things that sound interesting and so the people who say I'm hard to buy gifts for know what to get.

8.What book do you want to buy next?

Possibly Sand by Hugh Howey.  These days, I'm using store credit, Kindle Loans, and Netgalley for most of my books so I don't actually buy that many books.

9. Do you have any favorite quotes?

The man in black fled across the desert and the Gunslinger followed.

10. Who are your favorite authors?

P.G. Wodehouse, Joe Lansdale, Raymond Chandler, George Pelecanos, Lawrence Block, Richard Stark, Hugh Cook.  And probably twenty or thirty others.  Tim Curran's climbing the list.  And that Lorn guy is the future.

11. Have you joined any groups?

Too damn many to keep up with.

12. Are there any questions you'd like to add to this tag?

What would you do if you woke from an opium haze next to a woman with an icepick in her neck and you didn't know if you'd killed her or not?

13. What are 5 of your favorite books?

Code of the Woosters, The Gunslinger, The Walrus and the Warwolf, The Big Sleep, and Mucho Mojo.